In case you missed seeing the notes from our rep council meeting, here are the highlights.
- SEA will be sunshining our bargaining proposal at the December 6th board meeting. We would love to see members out to support Michele Calton as she presents it to the board. Please remember that salary is ALWAYS an automatic opener. :)
- If you have contacted Delta Dental regarding our new dental insurance and have been unable to get information because we don't have a group number, good news! Group 1# is 18623 and Group 2# is 000001 (you need both numbers when talking to Delta Dental). Changes are in effect January 1, 2017.
- Rep Council updated our SEA bylaws to vote yearly on whether to nominate an individual to represent SEA at the NEA Representative Assembly.
- SEA sent a group of members in October to the leadership conference in Reno. Members came back with new information to help our union continue to grow.
- Don't forget to wear your SEA black on Mondays. We are promoting UNITY! :)
- Cookies and Cocoa with Santa is December 2 in the Ustach Gym from 4:30-6:30. Please bring a canned food item to donate to the canned food drive. Bring your family out for a great time!
- Kathy reminded us that we are liable for doing our assigned yard duty. We need to be there on time and be focused on the students and the surroundings.
- Make sure you are diligent about checking your pay stub each month. If you are overpaid, you will be required to pay the overage back, so make sure you keep an eye on your monthly pay stub.
There is no rep council meeting is scheduled for December. Look for notes in January for the next meeting.