Exciting news! Our campaign for disability and life insurance with the Standard runs now through February 15th. If you do not have disability insurance (or you have it through another company), please consider getting your disability through the Standard. If you enroll during our enrollment period, there are many benefits.
- Enrolling during our campaign means you can enroll without a medical review (which means they take pre-existing conditions).
- The Standard is designed by CTA for teachers. They have a 98% claims satisfaction rate.
- The Standard's disability plan is an umbrella plan and will cover disabilities that occur on or off the job. This plan pays $25 per day while you exhaust your sick days, $35 if you are hospitalized, and 75% of your contracted rate after your sick days are exhausted. Checks are tax-free so you may receive close to what you currently bring home in your check.
What about Life Insurance?
- During our enrollment period, members can get life insurance from $25,000-$400,000. During our campaign members can get coverage of up to $50,000 without a medical review (above the $50,000 requires answering medical questions).
- If you already have life insurance with the Standard, you can increase your coverage to the next level also without answering medical questions.
The Standard will be coming to school sites to answer questions or to help you sign up. They are also planning 2 events where you can meet with our representative and ask questions and sign up.
If you have any questions, feel free to email Michelle Bairos (firstname.lastname@example.org) or our Representative Suzanne Reilly at email@example.com.